I’ve been trying to get a few more veggies into my diet that’s not in a salad form! I wanted something tasty, nutritious and of course packed full of veggies. And so our Zucchini and Eggplant Pizza was born.
Zucchini & Eggplant Pizza
- 1 eggplant
- 3 zucchinis
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 coz lettuce (or a large handful of spinach)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Tomato sauce or BBQ Coconut Amino Sauce
- Coconut Oil or Ghee
- Extraordinary Foods Cashew Parmesan Cheese
- Wash the eggplant, zucchinis, lettuce and cherry tomatoes (we use liquid castile soap) and pat dry.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Then slice the eggplant into 1 cm rounds / strips and rub some coconut oil on them. Place in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C.
- Meanwhile, slice the zucchinis in half and scoop out some of the flesh to make a little well. Roughly slice the flesh that was scooped out and set aside in a large bowl.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add to this bowl. Also slice the mushrooms, lettuce and garlic and add to the bowl. Follow with the lemon zest and then mix all of the ingredients together.
- Once the eggplants have had 10 minutes, remove from the oven and add the zucchinis to the tray.
- Scoop some of the combined ingredients from the bowl and put on top of the eggplant and zucchini halves until all the mix has been used. Follow with a sprinkling of Cashew Parmesan and return to the oven for approximately 10 – 15 minutes or until the eggplant and zucchini are cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy on their own or with some chicken / lamb / beef / salad / fried egg etc.
For those following an autoimmune protocol regime you might want to avoid the nightshades if you haven’t reintroduced them back into your diet. I enjoy the zucchini version of the pizza with a few tomatoes, and leave the eggplant ones for others in my family who can enjoy all nightshades without having it flare up inflammation.