The ultimate no-fuss Sunday brunch! Nothing beats scrambled eggs with sautéed broccoli and cauliflower with some homemade mayo – yum.
If I’m honest though, this is one of my go-to meals for a quick, nutritious feed that my family and I enjoy most days, whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner. A simple, back-to-basics meal that never gets dull. It also goes well with left over meat or with some tin salmon / tuna. Hope you enjoy.
- 6 eggs
- 250g broccoli
- 250g cauliflower
- Coconut oil
- If using fresh broccoli and cauliflower, cut the florets into similar sized pieces and wash them with your fruit & veg wash (I love using a liquid castile soap for this).
- Then to a medium-high heat frying pan add a tablespoon of coconut oil and add the broccoli and cauliflower. Cook until just soft (or to your liking).
- While the veg is cooking, crack 6 eggs into a glass bowl and add a dash of water (or if you’d prefer some milk / plant-based milk) and whisk with a fork until combined.
- Once the veg is cooked, remove from the pan and divide between 4 plates. Then to the same pan pour in the scrambled eggs. Using a fork continue stirring the eggs until just cooked through and then divide between the 4 plates.
- Serve with some salt and pepper and some homemade mayonnaise or squeeze of lemon juice if desired.
To make your own homemade mayonnaise, follow my recipe here.