This creation not only tastes amazing, but I love that you can prep it the night before, which for me is when I’m putting dinner away. In addition, by making it in a travel friendly jar you can either eat straight out of the jar, or pour the salad out into a bowl and enjoy. Talk about a sure fire way to nourish your body with healthy food! I hope you enjoy as much as we do.
Roast Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad in a Jar
Ingredients – dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey
Ingredients – salad
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 good handfuls of mixed lettuce
- A handful of roasted sweet potato fries
- 2 slices of leftover roast lamb / pork / chicken / ham
- If you don’t have any sweet potato fries pre-cooked and you’d like to incorporate them in this salad, head on over to our Spicy Sweet Potato Fries with Homemade Aioli recipe for instructions for cooking the fries.
- Also, if you’d like to incorporate quinoa, simply follow the instructions on the packet or head over to our Avocado and Quinoa Summer Salad recipe for instructions on how to cook the quinoa.
- Get your glass jar (I like to reuse a 1 litre coconut oil jar for this) and combine all of the dressing ingredients.
- Once combined, place the grated carrot on top of the dressing, followed by the sliced cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, cooked quinoa, mixed lettuce, sweet potato fries and leftover meat.
- Put the lid of the jar on and pop your salad in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy!