Ok, I can’t be the only one who is salivating over this incredible Roast Lamb Salad recipe … It’s ridiculously easy to bring together and could be just what you’ve been searching for to take your meal to the next level! Hope you enjoy and happy cooking.
Roast Lamb Salad
Serves 4 + leftovers
- 1.5kg leg lamb roast
- Sprig of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small – medium sized pumpkin
- 4 white potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 500g broccoli florets
- 16 cos lettuce leaves / 4 cups of mixed lettuce (e.g. spinach, silverbeet, rocket)
- 16 snowpeas
- 8 whole baby beetroots
- Goats Cheese / feta (optional)
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C and grease and line 2 baking trays. You’ll also need 1 baking dish and an oven bag to roast the lamb in.
- Place the lamb roast into the oven bag, along with the rosemary sprig and garlic cloves. Then, place the roast into the baking dish, following any additional oven bag requirements (for example, some oven bags require a small hole to be made to allow steam to escape etc).
- Then, peel the pumpkin and slice into similarly sized pieces. Place these on one of the prepared baking trays and coat with some salt, pepper and coconut oil. Toss to ensure every piece is covered.
- Repeat this process for the washed and peeled (if desired) white and sweet potatoes and add to the same baking tray.
- Place the lamb roast, pumpkin and potatoes into the oven and cook for one hour.
- Meanwhile, wash the broccoli and transfer the florets to the remaining baking tray. Coat with some coconut oil and another pinch of salt and pepper. After the lamb, pumpkin and potatoes have been cooking for an hour, add broccoli to the oven and cook everything for another 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Then prepare the quinoa if you don’t have any quinoa already cooked. Simply follow the instructions on the packet or head over to our Avocado and Quinoa Summer Salad recipe for instructions on how to cook the quinoa.
- Once the lamb roast, pumpkin, potatoes and broccoli florets are cooked, allow the lamb roast to rest, then start assembling.
- Start with 4 lettuce leaves on the base, top with snow peas, quinoa, sweet potato, white potato, pumpkin, broccoli, baby beets, a slice or two of lamb, a teaspoon (or more if you’d like) of goats cheese / feta, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and finish off with a swirl of olive oil.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Roast Lamb Salad!