Our homemade jelly recipe is another way we incorporate gelatin into our regular diet. We especially love this during the warmer months with some coconut yoghurt (or you could enjoy with dairy yogurt if you’d prefer). Perfect for a snack in the afternoon or enjoy for a post dinner treat. Hope you enjoy!
- ½ cup room temperature water
- 2 tablespoons gelatin
- ½ cup boiling water
- 3 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (or 3 cups of other freshly squeezed juice such as a combo of apple, pineapple, cucumber, silverbeet, carrot, beetroot)
- 1 – 2 cups mixed berries (optional)
- To a mixing bowl add the room temperature water and gelatin and allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pop your kettle on for the boiling water and juice some oranges until you have 3 cups of juice.
- Once the gelatin has bloomed, pour in the boiling water and stir well.
- Add the juice and stir to combine.
- Then if desired, add a cup or two of mixed berries (or other fruit) and place the jelly in the fridge to set (approximately 3-4 hours or overnight if possible).
- Cut or scoop out the jelly and enjoy!