My Banana & Raspberry Loaf is so tasty! Perfect for breakfast or as a snack. I particularly love warming up slices of this in the frying pan and then spreading some ghee / butter onto the slices and enjoying with a cuppa for breakfast. It’s also a great addition for lunchboxes or for when family / friends pop over for a catch up. Also, try making a double batch – that way you can enjoy one loaf and keep the other in the freezer for another time (talk about a time saver!)
And did I mention, this recipe is:
- gluten free,
- dairy free,
- soy free,
- paleo friendly and also
- kid approved!
Banana & Raspberry Loaf
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup banana flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup / honey / coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup ghee / coconut oil / butter / olive oil
- 1 mashed banana
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 cup raspberries
Top with sliced banana, more raspberries, chocolate buttons if desired.
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Then add in the wet ingredients, including the mashed banana and raspberries and stir until combined.
- Transfer to a greased loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour at 180°C.
- Allow to cool in the loaf tin for 10 – 15 minutes prior to turning out and cooling on a wire rack.
- Enjoy out of the oven slightly warm with some ghee / butter. Alternatively wait for the loaf to cool and enjoy or put a slice in the frying pan to warm up and enjoy with a cuppa!
NOTE: if you’re wanting to make this egg free, simply replace the eggs with ‘chia egg’. Just, allow 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to soak up 2 tablespoons of water to form a gel (this takes approximately 5 minutes). I find this quantity works best per ‘egg’ replacement.