Our Avocado Salmon Salad Recipe is a simple, easy, no fuss meal that you can enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This recipe serves 1 – to make it for more people simple times the quantities by the number of people you’re needing to feed to find the quantity needed.
Being dairy free, gluten free, paleo friendly and low carb this salad really does please the masses! It keeps well when refrigerated in stainless steel containers (such as those from Ever Eco) and can be prepared a day in advance. This is a wonderful time saver as it allows you to get lunch / dinner prepared the night before so you can eat healthy when at work / school / uni / travelling etc. I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we do. Happy preparing!
Avocado Salmon Salad Recipe
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato
- ½ cucumber
- ½ avocado
- 1 – 2 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 – 2 teaspoons homemade mayonnaise (click here for the recipe)
- Wash and dry the lettuce, tomato and cucumber. I love to use Dr Bronner’s Liquid Castile Soap or Melrose Liquid Castile Soap to wash my veg in. To find out more about these product, click here.
- Once you’ve washed and dried the veg, shred the lettuce and slice the tomato, cucumber and avocado into similar sized cubes.
- Then, place the prepared veg onto your plate, top with a teaspoon of homemade mayo (follow the recipe here to make your own mayo) and a slice of smoked salmon.
- You may like to top your salad with a fried / poached / soft-boiled egg.
- If you’re not a fan of smoked salmon, by all means sub in some poached chicken, tin tuna and of course any left over meats and veg from your previous night’s meal.