We all have those mornings when we’re running late or need to be somewhere a little earlier than normal. Or we’re just not up for our typical breakfast – you know those days when the norm just isn’t going to cut it! Well, there’s no reason you can’t enjoy something incredibly tasty, nutritious and all so importantly quick to prepare with our 3 quick and easy breakfast ideas…
#1 The Morning Smoothie
- 1 tablespoon beetroot powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric golden latte powder
- 1 tablespoon greens powder
- 400ml coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 2 bananas (keep the skin on for extra nutrients!)
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 cup ice
- Water (for topping up)
- Place all of the ingredients except the water in your blender, then top with water until you reach the maximum liquid amount. Then blitz and pour into a glass (or glass jar to enjoy later on the go). Pour the remaining smoothie into a glass jar and store in the fridge to enjoy at a later time (best to enjoy within 2 days).
#2 Zucchini, Mushroom and Egg Combo
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- Turn your frying pan on to a medium heat and pour in the coconut oil. Then add the sliced zucchini and mushrooms and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Move the veg to one side of the pan and cracking in the egg and cook for approximately 3 minutes (or until your liking). Put the zucchini, mushrooms and egg on a plate and enjoy.
#3 Summer Bowl
- 1 cup mixed fruit (sliced)
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt / dairy yoghurt
- ½ cup paleo cereal mix (or a mix of nuts and seeds)
- To a bowl or glass, add your mixed fruit (e.g. banana, berries, kiwi fruit, peaches, plums etc). Top with the yoghurt and cereal and enjoy. You can also put these ingredients in a glass jar / mason jar and pack in your lunch to enjoy as a snack later in the day.
I hope you enjoy these ideas and find them of use on those days when you need a quick and easy breakfast that’s delicious, and nourishing for your body.